Best Cloud Servers For Small Business In 2018
Are you a business person?
If so, then I hope you will agree when I say that a server is one of the most important things for your business.
Every single type of business needs a good server to be successful. But choosing a good one is not a matter of joke, right?
That’s why in today’s article, I will talk about the best cloud servers for small business. After reading the article, you will be equipped with the necessary knowledge about servers. Let’s delve deeper.
Top 5 Best Cloud Servers 2017
I have selected five cloud servers for the article.
1. Synology DiskStation DS412+ (Best Server For Intermediate and Advanced Users):
The Synology DiskStation DS412+ is the perfect server for the business person of the intermediate and advanced level.It is a NAS server that functions with ease.
The server supports both laptop hard drives and desktop hard drives. This feature allows the server to store data up to 16 TB. The four bays can store 4 TB hard drive data each.
Mix and Match Setup:
The Synology DiskStation DS412+ comes with a Hybrid RAID setup. This feature helps to mix and match various hard drives. In addition, you won’t even have to use lower capacities for the current RAID. In case you don’t need large data amount, you can start with a lesser number of hard drives and then add as per your convenience.
The server is equipped with two 3.0 USB ports at the back, one 2.0 UBS port on the front, and one eSATA port at the back. These ports help you to increase data storage amount. Furthermore, the USB ports can host many devices. Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS), printers, TV tuners, and speakers being chief among them.
Easy To USe OS:
Also, the operating system or OS is almost identical to the Windows OS. This makes it extremely easy to handle. It is among the very best on NAS servers.
- Drive bay design is front faced, making it easier to work with
- Hot-plugging support without switching off the server
- Advanced functions support such as VPN server, iSCSI, and Active Directory
- Setup process is difficult to understand
- All the available functions are not clearly specified
If you are an intermediate or advanced business person, then this server is the best for you.
2. HP ProLiant Micro Server Gen8 (Best Basic Cloud Server):
Do only the basic stuff using your server such as file sharing, web hosting, emails, web interfaces? Then the HP ProLiant Micro Server Gen8 is the perfect choice for you.
Operating System (OS):
The server does not come with an operating system. This a drawback for many users. Although, it is compatible with all the Intel Operating systems such as Linux and Windows 10. However, it does not support Apple OS X.
The server is available in three different configurations, all of them being dual-core. These are 2.3 GHz Celeron G1610T with 2 GB DDR3 RAM, 2.5 GHz Pentium G2020T with 4 GB DDR3 RAM, and 3.2 GHz Xeon E3-1220 with 4 GB DDR3 RAM.
The HP ProLiant comes with four different slots with 3.5 inch SATA drives. As a result, this feature allows giving, even more, storage capacity than the maximum 16 TB limit. It also supports internal USB as well as SD cards.
The server is equipped with two 3.0 USB ports, two Gigabit network ports, and one embedded RAID controller.
- Integrated HP Lights Out Controller provides remote management and diagnostics
- Intel dual-core processors to choose from
- Easily accessible memory slots, motherboard can be pulled out from behind
- Creates huge noise due to the inbuilt fan and another bigger fan
- No hot-swapping support
The HP ProLiant is ideal for you if you only want the basic work from your server.
3. QNAP TVS-1271U-RP (Cloud Server with Best High-utility Features):
A cloud server that is best in terms of high-utility features such as cloud syncing support, easy file sharing, data backups, and so much more is the QNAP TVS-1271U-RP. It is a NAS server.
First of all, the QNAP has three processor choices for its user. These are Core i3, i5, and i7.
The server supports most of the operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and Apple.
Furthermore, This server has a huge storage space amount. It has twelve drive bays with a hot-swapping facility. These bays can insert 2.5 or 3.5-inch disc drive. The product also lets you use 4 TB drives and 8 TB discs. As a result, its storage space is around 96 TB. Also, the server allows you to add eight extra expansion units, making the storage space even bigger.
Tools and App Support:
In addition, the QNAP supports a wide array of apps and tools. These can cater to advanced functions such as backups, ERPs, virtualizations, and much more.
- Can host virtual machines
- Synchronizes data with cloud storage services
- Supports mSATA and SSD caching
- Creates quite a bit of noise
- SSD caching is available with read-only option
If you want a server with high-utility features for your fast growing business, this is the best-suited server for you.
4. Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 (Best Cloud Server For Small Business):
Looking for a server for your small sized business? Look no further than the Lenovo ThinkServer TS140.
The Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 saves a lot more power than other servers. As a result, you save on your bills. It is also environment-friendly.
The product runs on an Intel Xeon E3-1200 V3 Series One processor. It has a Core i3 Pentium CPU along with an integrated graphics.
The server can be upgraded up to 16 TB storage space and 32 GB DDR3 RAM. You get a pretty good storage space with nice speed.
The Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 is equipped with four PCI slots, four 3.0 USB ports, two 2.0 USB ports. In addition, it also has one video port and a serial port as well.
- Advanced thermal design reduces noise up to 26 decibels
- Error-correcting Code Memory
- Equipped with AMT 9.0 for access and remote supervision
- Supports a very limited number of operating systems
If you have a small sized business, the Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 is the ideal server for you.
5. Synology DiskStation DS1513+ (Cloud Server with The Most Advanced Storage System):
In case you want a server with the most advanced storage system for your business, the Synology DiskStation DS1513+ is for you.
The server is equipped with five front facing drive bays. All of them are capable of occupying 4 TB hard disks each. In addition, you can also add two Synology DX510 expansion units to get an additional 40 TB storage space. As a result, you will get 60 TB storage space in total.
The product comes with 2 GB DDR3 RAM. It can also be expanded up to 4 GB. You need to use your laptop’s system memory for this expansion.
It has two 3.0 USB ports and four 2.0 USB ports at the back. These ports can be used as additional storage. In addition, they can also share some devices like Wi-Fi dongles, printers, TV tuners etc.
The server runs on the DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system. This OS is easy to use and makes the user experience comfortable.
- Huge storage space of up to 60 TB
- All RAID configurations support with Synology Hybrid RAID
- Provides many business apps and tools
- Has only one IP camera license
- Setup and function can be difficult to understand
If you want a server with the most advanced storage system, the Synology DiskStation DS1513+ is the right choice for you.
So, these are the best cloud servers for your business. I hope the article was enjoyable and helpful. Thanks for reading! See you next time.